CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

ASSIGNMENT #6

PORTIA WHITE :

Portia white I believe was born to be a singer because the age she started singin was incredible and how her talent spread internationally is impressive.Portia was born in Trurro,Nova Scotia,she started singing at the age of six! she sang at her fathers church choir since she was a part of it .People were amazed at how well she could sing.When Portia was seventeen she won a Silver Cup at the music festival .Portia was doing extremely well in her career that she started being recognized everywhere.

She made her international debut in New York City. After ward she started touring the world and preforming her talent .As Portia grew up the province of Nova Scotia's trust, provided Portia with financial assistance in-order for her to get the best vocal training possible .She then Preformed for Queen Elizabeth II at the opening of "Confederation Centre for the Arts" ,this was in Charlottetown in year 1964. That concert was apparently one of her last major performances . Portia white was such and talented and yet amazing African-Canadian and that's why I decided to to my assignment on her.I never heard about her in my life and when i started reading about her she sounded very intersting.


Many thanks & Credit's to : http://www.bccns.com/portia_white.htm

1 comments:

Shauna Pollock said...

Hi Amml,

Thank you for your comment on my poll. I'm thinking that it is important that I re-evaluate my priorities for your class. I think that I have been expecting you to complete too many assignments. I will reduce the number of tasks that I assign to you, and I hope that will take away some of the stress you and your classmates are feeling.

I'm learning along with you, and I know it is very difficult to complete the amount of work I've assigned in the short time we have together (50 minutes a week).

Thank you so much for you input and for writing it in a respectful way.